THE MASTERCLASS : HOW TO WIN DATA SCIENCE CHALLENGES?
Have you ever participated in data science competition and wondered what does it take to become a master? Have you struggled to improve your model beyond a particular score? Or you wonder what goes in the minds of top data scientist – this workshop is what you are looking for. This is a highly interactive experience with data science masters & top data scientists. The goal of this workshop is to provide a forum for exchanging ideas and new approaches to become masters of data science challenges. Through this workshop, the top data scientists from India will share how they approach data science competitions.
Prerequisites for the workshop:
- Experience in programming (Python or R)
- Knowledge of machine learning
- Has participated in data science competitions or worked on real life data science projects
STRUCTURE OF THE WORKSHOP
This is an 8-hour workshop and includes the following modules:
- Understanding of how Hackathons work
- Preparing your Cross validation strategy
- Methods to choose the right evaluation metric to evaluate the model performance
- The importance of Feature Engineering
- How to deal with different type of data (text, image)
- Models and Model tuning
- Stacking & Ensembling
- Mini Hack for 2 hours
Sudalai Rajkumar (aka SRK) is a Data Scientist at H2O.ai. He takes part in various data science competitions to enhance his knowledge and has won several of them. He is one of the top 30 data scientists in the world in Kaggle. He was ranked #1 on Analytics Vidhya for a long duration and is one of the top solver in CrowdAnalytix platform too. Make sure you don’t miss this advanced workshop on winning data science competitions & hackathons.